Raspberry Pi New Out Of Box Software (NOOBS) microSD card and SD card adapter - Debian Jessie
The current version of NOOBS has been updated to improve performance and usability and uses the Debian Jessie version of the Raspbian operating system.
Since the Raspberry Pi was designed to introduce children to computers and programming, it was an essential element to make it easy to set up. New Out Of Box Software (NOOBS) helps you set up your Pi and is available pre-installed on a microSD flash memory card, which also serves as an SD card adapter. Connect your pi to the keyboard, mouse, power supply and monitor and insert the NOOBS card into the microSD slot. The next step is to install the operating system you want to use on the Pi.
Which operating systems can I install on NOOBS?
- Raspbian (recommended)
- RISC OS
- Arch Linux
What changes does the Debian Jessie upgrade offer?
Debian Jessie is designed to better serve all Pi users. Added Microsoft Office compatible LibreOffice Suite, Claws Mail client, BlueJ & Greenfoot (for Java) and upgrades to Epiphany, Scratch and Sonic Pi.
Other changes include:
- Eject icon - eject USB drives without losing data
- Start from the desktop GUI and not from the command line (although starting from the command line is still possible)
- Internet link to MagPi (official Pi magazine)
- Support for newer Pi add-on components such as Astro Pi
- The ability to capture screenshots of the pi
- GPIO control without using sudo
- Automatic recognition of common keyboards…more