Despite this being a great device, I will mention some of the most striking downsides of it I have met which for me meant that I had to return it.
- pitch and roll information is not calculated correctly - problem of Garmin VIRB application (update fixing such issues is being promised for more than a year)
- repetitively switches off despite battery being fully charged (tried several batteries)
- the camera GPS sometimes stops recording information - we could not spot really the culprit when exchanging messages with Garmin
- if you record video and you want to fix the exposure time for both hemispheres, be careful, it happened that I lost entire day of recording as it fixed the exposure to be too long because at the time when recording was switched on by the red button on the camera, my hand was close to the lens --> less initial light --> overexposure of everything --> you finish with white videos and sound only.
- if you do not fix the exposure time, image exposure will likely flicker
Bottom line, I bought this camera for the inner sensors and overlays to make. After many weeks of investigation and discussion of Garmin I got a new one which was nice to try. The new camera unfortunately did not convince me that it can meet my expectations of it as the downside issues stayed the same for me.…plus