Xiaomi - Mi 1S Swiss Edition (20km/h, 300W)
E-scooters are among the best known and most frequently used electric vehicles, which are summarized under the term e-mobility. Their advantage: they are small, manoeuvrable, comfortable and can be recharged at practically any power outlet. This makes e-scooters the ideal supplement for so-called micro-mobility. For distances that are too long to walk or where public transport connections are insufficient, e-scooters are ideal. E-scooters can also be used on large private premises, e.g. a company site.
For use on the road, the same conditions apply in Switzerland as for e-bikes. The e-scooter must meet the ASTRA specifications for light motorcycles. If the device meets these requirements, it is automatically approved. There is no approval in the form of a certificate or identity card. In principle, international versions are produced that do not meet the requirements of ASTRA. For the Swiss market, however, more and more models are being produced by manufacturers such as Segway, VMAX, Micro or Inokim that are approved for the road.
Roadworthy e-scooters must meet the following conditions:
- The maximum design speed is 20 km/h maximum
- The maximum motor power is 500 W.
- Brakes for front and rear use at all times (with full and discharged batteries)
- Fixed lighting for front and rear with stationary light is available. Reflector to the rear is available. Bell is present.
- The same traffic areas apply as for bicycles.
- The wearing of a helmet is recommended.
- A driver's license (category M) is required from 14-16 years. From the age of 16 years, it is possible to ride without a driver's license.
- No type approval, no official registration test, no licence plate and no vehicle registration document is required.
- There is no compulsory insurance. Those who have personal liability insurance cover damage and accidents as with a bicycle.
6 of 97 products
Xiaomi - Mi Essential (20km/h, 250W)
Xiaomi - Mi Pro 2 (25km/h, 300W)
Xiaomi - Mi 1S International Edition (25km/h, 250W)
Xiaomi - Mi Pro (25km/h, 300W)
Xiaomi - Mi Pro 2 Swiss Edition (20km/h, 300W)