Venu 2 Plus: Garmin launches next generation of its smartwatch
Garmin only introduced the Venu 2 in April 2021, but now the Venu 2 Plus is already available. You can now make phone calls with it and it is compatible with voice assistants.
The improvements of the Garmin smartwatch are not enough for a "Venu 3", which is why it "only" became a "2 Plus" version that was presented a week ago. It costs about half as much. What does it offer in terms of performance?
The improvements at a glance:
- Phone calls are possible via the speakers and microphone built into the watch when the smartphone is paired (Bluetooth).
- Voice assistants (Siri, Google Assistant or Bixby) can be controlled. They are operated via a new third button.
- Messages can be dictated and sent with the "Voice to Text" function.
- Case made of stainless steel instead of polymer plastic.
- As a new intermediate size, the Venu 2 Plus is available with a 43 mm case. This puts it between the Venu 2S (40 mm) and the Venu 2 (45 mm). The previous sizes are also available in the 2 Plus version.
In terms of sensors, health monitoring capabilities and sports activity recording, the 2-Plus models are no different from their predecessors, which will continue to be available on the market. You can find a full comparison of the models here. And that would be Garmin's promotional video for the new Venu 2 Plus, including music that encourages exercise:
When it comes to the case color and wristband color and material, there are different variants. A sporty look in classic black is just as possible as a more restrained look with a gray silicone strap and case.
Head of Content, Zurich
These articles might also interest you