Lots of functionalities, elegant construction but the handling (directly on the device but also by means of the remote), as well as the configuration menu is terrible. The SW seams not to live up to the HW. Here a few examples of the issues you could face:
- If connected (WiFi, DAB) automatic setting of the time will always show GMT. To get another time you have to set it manually.
- To get all tracks of a CD played in sequence once you need to configure shuffle mode 'repeat all', otherwise only one track is played and you have to move to the next track manually. Simply ugly!
- While listening to a CD, you can switch manually in the configuration menu to get some setting changed. Doing so though, the commands on the device that are used to control the CD (e.g. play, pause/stop, next track, ...) are reset to other DAB functionalities (i.e. saved DAB station list). What the hell!
There are also some design flows. Here two significant examples:
- The time is displayed at a decent size (so that you can see it from relatively far) ... but just if the device is in stand-by mode! If you're listening to a DAB station, a unnecessary static image is displayed, which occupies most of the display. The time info is then resized and relegated in the top part of the display (unreadable from few meters away).
- IR remote only (can be used just in front of the device, where the sensor is placed)
Moreover, If I do not use the device for some time, leaving it in stand-by mode, it wont resume anymore; you need to turn it off and on to get the think work again.
Not one SW update available yet. Will we ever have one?
To sum up, I would definitively not buy this device again.…più