The LCD shield for Arduino by Snootlab
Test-Bericht bei Arduino-Praxis.ch:
LCD 2x16 characters alphanumeric
Principal features :
* 2 lines of 16 characters dispaly
* 1 joystick 5 positions (up, down, left, right, action) using only
one analog input pin (A0 defaut, can be changed if necessary)
* I2C managed display; all the digital input/output of the Arduino
* One library available
* Software configured backlight (can be unactivated)
* Contrast control on the shield
* Strong mechanical mounting of the display maintained by spacers
* Reset buton on top of the shield
This new 1.1 release has now three holes compatible with Arduino
making mechanical connection between the Arduino-Shield-LCD very
strong and make it embeddable on robots.
Library on GitHub : link 
Our libraries are available for Arduino and Arduino 1.0 (select the
branche you want on the Git).
Soldering kit comes in a reusable zip ESD packaging.