This is an excellent alternative to paid cloud storage solutions. After installation, which was pretty simple 3 steps, I started to transfer data into the attached external hard drive.
1. you have to use a new /formatted external hard drive. you cannot access old data on the hard drive through Lima
2. when i transferred about 16 gb data from my MacBook to Lima, it took only about 5 mins...pretty impressive speed. but later I realise that its stored in my MacBook's cache and i got a warning on low disk space on my MacBook. It took several hours for the cache to be cleared.
3. when I wanted to access some pictures/movie on my smartphone, it had about 1 GB internal space and about 20 GB external space free on a memory card. but in no time the "low disk space" warning showed up on phone. so unless you have about 5 GB free internal space in your phone, you cannot access lime content on your phone.
this was pretty disappointing.
4. Lima converts the format of your data and only can be read through a lima application /device. Therefore, if you want to use your data, you have to keep using Lima. If it got spoiled, buy a new one... this too is not a good idea.
5. but the fact that my data is personally secured at my home without a recurring fees is a great idea / concept. but Lima ultra still has limitations...
Update: April 2019:: Its sad to see the Lima had to shut down. Now this device has become useless...…more