Say "Hi!" to the WICED Feather! Perfect for your next Internet
connected project, with a powerful processor and WiFi core that can
take anything you throw at it - this Feather is WIC(K)ED AWESOME!
Feather is the new development board from Adafruit, and like its
namesake it is thin, light, and lets you fly! We designed Feather to
be a new standard for portable microcontroller cores. This is the
Adafruit WICED Feather - it's our most powerful Feather yet!
The WICED Feather is based on Broadcom's WICED (Wireless Internet
Connectivity for Embedded Devices) platform, and is paired up with a
powerful STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 processor running at 120MHz, with
support for TLS 1.2 to access sites and web services safely and
We spent a lot of time adding support for this processor and WiFi
chipset to the Arduino IDE you know and love. Programming doesn't rely
on any online or closed toolsets to build, flash or run your code. You
write your code in the Arduino IDE using the same standard libraries
you've always used (Wire, SPI, etc.), compile locally, and the device
is flashed directly from the IDE over USB.
Since the WICED Feather is based on the standard Adafruit Feather
layout, you also have instant access to a variety of Feather Wings, as
well as all the usual standard breakouts available from Adafruit or
After more than a year of full time effort in the making, we think
it's the best and most flexible WiFi development board out there, and
the easiest way to get your TCP/IP-based project off the ground
without sacrificing flexibility or security. We even cooked in some
built-in libraries in the WiFi core, such as TCP client and Server,
HTTP client and server, and MQTT client (with easy Adafruit IO
interfacing). It can even work with Amazon AWS IoT!
Please note: this is a really cool product but it's also very advanced
and there may be firmware updates, tweaks and fixes as we have more
people use it. For that reason we are calling this the Developer
Edition! This chipset is not identical to the Arduino
standard-supported Atmega series and many libraries that are written
specifically for AVR will not compile or work with the STM32!
The WICED Feather has the following key features:
* Measures 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.28" (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers
* Light as a (large?) feather - 5.7 grams
* STM32F205RG 120MHz ARM Cortex M3 MCU
* BCM43362 802.11b/G/N radio
* 128KB SRAM and 1024KB flash memory (total)
* 16KB SRAM and 128KB flash available for user code
* 16MBit (2MB) SPI flash for additional data storage
* Built in Real Time Clock (RTC) with optional external battery
* Hardware SPI and I2C (including clock-stretching)
* 12 standard GPIO pins, with additional GPIOs available via SPI,
UART and I2C pins
* 7 standard PWM outputs, with additional outputs available via SPI,
UART and I2C pins
* Up to eight 12-bit ADC inputs
* Two 12-bit DAC outputs (Pin A4)
* Up to 3 UARTs (including one with full HW flow control)
* TLS 1.2 support to access secure HTTPS and TCP servers
* On board single-cell LIPO charging and battery monitoring
* Fast and easy firmware updates to keep your module up to date
* Based on the excellent community-supported Maple  project
Comes fully assembled and tested, with a USB bootloader that lets you
quickly use it with the Arduino IDE. We also toss in some header so
you can solder it in and plug into a solderless breadboard. Lipoly
battery and MicroUSB cable not included (but we do have lots of
options in the shop if you'd like!)
* 51.2mm x 22.8mm x 8mm / 2" x 0.9" x 0.28"
* Weight: 5.5g
 https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/Arduino_STM32 … more
|Product type||Electronics module|
If you wish to learn more about this product, please visit the manufacturer's website or contact us: email@example.com
Warranty 24 month Bring-in
Limited right of return
Please use our simplified returns and warranty process to return a product or register a warranty case. Returns and warranty
Please use our simplified warranty process to view the warranty period as well as any warranty extensions you may have purchased. This will ensure that your return or warranty case is processed quickly and effectively.
Information subject to change.
Have you tested this product? Share your opinion with the digitec community.Rate product
You're not connected to the Internet. Please check that your connection is enabled to keep browsing the site.