Ring, Ring! Who's that callin'? It's your breadboard! Introducing
Adafruit FONA MiniGSM, an adorable all-in-one cellular phone module
that lets you add voice, text, SMS and data to your project in an
adorable little package.
This module measures only 1.75"x1.25" but packs a surprising amount
of technology into its little frame. At the heart is a GSM cellular
module (we use the latest SIM800) the size of a postage stamp. This
module can do just about everything. This version has a uFL connector.
* Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz - connect onto any global GSM
network with any 2G SIM (in the USA, T-Mobile is suggested)
* Make and receive voice calls using a headset OR an external 8
speaker + electret microphone
* Send and receive SMS messages
* Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
* Scan and receive FM radio broadcasts (yeah, we don't exactly know
why this was included but it works really well)
* PWM/Buzzer vibrational motor control
* AT command interface with "auto baud" detection
Sounds delicious, right? So we plated this fine module onto a little
breakout with all the extras you need to make your next project shine:
* Onboard LiPoly battery charging circuitry so you can take your
project on the go. Use any 500mAh+ LiPoly or LiIon battery and
recharge over the MicroUSB when necessary. Two LEDs let you know when
its charging and done
* Standard 4-pole TRRS headphone jack. Use any 'Android' or
'iPhone'-compatible headset with mic
* Breakouts for external 8 speaker and electret mic if you don't
want to use a headphone
* Level shifting circuitry so you can run it with 2.8V to 5V logic.
* Vibrational motor (buzzer) driver so you can have noiseless
* uFL connections for external antenna
* Indicator LEDs for power and network connectivity
* Standard SIM slides into the back
On its own, this module can't do anything. It requires a
microcontroller to drive it! We suggest and use an Arduino but any
3-5V microcontroller with a UART can send and receive commands over
the RX/TX pins.
You will also need some required accessories to make FONA work. These
are not included!
* SIM Card! A 2G Mini SIM card is required to do anything on the
* Lipoly Battery - 500mAh or larger!
* MicroUSB cable for charging the battery.
* External Antenna … more
|Product type||Electronics module|
If you wish to learn more about this product, please visit the manufacturer's website or contact us: email@example.com
Warranty 24 month Bring-in
Limited right of return
Please use our simplified returns and warranty process to return a product or register a warranty case. Returns and warranty
Please use our simplified warranty process to view the warranty period as well as any warranty extensions you may have purchased. This will ensure that your return or warranty case is processed quickly and effectively.
Information subject to change.
Have you tested this product? Share your opinion with the digitec community.Rate product
You're not connected to the Internet. Please check that your connection is enabled to keep browsing the site.