Build your own cellular project and get off the grid with FONA. This
pack comes with an uFL-antenna type FONA and paired with hand-picked
accessories. It's the Adafruit FONA 800 Shield Starter Pack.
The FONA 800 Shield, is an adorable all-in-one cellular phone shield
that lets you add voice, text, SMS and data to your project in an easy
to use pluggable shield.
This shield fits on top of any classic Arduino or compatible, and
packs a surprising amount of technology into it's little frame. At the
heart is a GSM cellular module (we use the latest SIM800) the size of
a postage stamp. This module can do just about everything. This
starter pack has a FONA 800 Shield.
* Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz - connect onto any global GSM
network with any 2G SIM
* Make and receive voice calls using a headset OR an external 8
speaker + electret microphone
* Send and receive SMS messages
* Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
* Scan and receive FM radio broadcasts (yeah, we don't exactly know
why this was included but it works really well)
* PWM/Buzzer vibrational motor control
* AT command interface with "auto baud" detection
Sounds delicious, right? So we plated this fine module onto a shield
with all the extras you need to make your next project shine.
* Onboard LiPoly battery charging circuitry so you can take your
project on the go. Use any 500mAh+ LiPoly or LiIon battery and
recharge via the Arduino when necessary. Two LEDs let you know when
its charging and done. You can then flip the switch and use the
battery to run your circuit!
* Standard 4-pole TRRS headphone jack. Use any 'Android' or
'iPhone'-compatible headset with mic
* Breakouts for external 8 speaker and electret mic if you don't
want to use a headphone
* Level shifting circuitry to make it Arduino-safe
* Vibrational motor (buzzer) driver so you can have noiseless
* uFL connection for external antenna
* Indicator LEDs for power and network connectivity
* Any standard 2G SIM slides into a secure connector
On its own, this shield can't do anything. It requires a
microcontroller like an Arduino to drive it!
Microcontroller not included! We recommend an Arduino UNO to go along
SIM card not included!
This Pack Contains:
* 1x Adafruit FONA 800 Shield - Voice/Data Cellular GSM for Arduino
* 1x Slim Sticker-type GSM/Cellular Quad-Band Antenna - 3dBi uFL
* 1x Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 1200mAh
* 1x Mini Metal Speaker w/ Wires - 8 ohm 0.5W
* 1x Wired Miniature Electret Microphone
* 1x Cell-phone TRRS Headset - Earbud Headphones w/ Microphone
* 1x Vibrating Mini Motor Disc … more
|Product type||Electronics module|
If you wish to learn more about this product, please visit the manufacturer's website or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Warranty 24 month Bring-in
Limited right of return
Please use our simplified returns and warranty process to return a product or register a warranty case. Returns and warranty
Please use our simplified warranty process to view the warranty period as well as any warranty extensions you may have purchased. This will ensure that your return or warranty case is processed quickly and effectively.
Information subject to change.
Have you tested this product? Share your opinion with the digitec community.Rate product
You're not connected to the Internet. Please check that your connection is enabled to keep browsing the site.