I am using this with a i7-3770K inside a Fractal Node 304 Mini-ITX case. The host is running ArchLinux and I am using VGA passthrough to assign the GPU to a Windows VM (for gaming) or a Linux VM (for machine learning). Output is connected to a BenQ W1070 projector.
- Witcher 3 is butter-smooth at 2560x1440 @ultra settings (using DSR from the Nvidia control panel to render at that resolution.)
- Theano runs around 20-30% faster than on a Titan X on various workloads.
- Fans do not spin until 60C. Totally silent on idle. When playing Witcher 3 the fans spin up but still sound smooth (wind noise) with a just a hint of motor drone. They are significantly quieter than the projector, and much much quieter than the Founder's Edition blower-style fan.
- Power usage is 8-9W on idle. This is higher than the Founder's Edition (4-6W) but quite acceptable. The max power limit is 240W, which is higher than the Founder's Edition (180W).
- This card does not have a backplate. It feels slightly less rigid and is a bit harder to handle than the Founder's Edition cards.
- This card takes a 8 and a 6pin power connector. The Founder's edition takes just a single 8pin connector.
Verdict: excellent performance, good acoustics, super expensive. For most use cases, this is a better choice than the Founder's Edition cards.
You must log in to report an abuse.
There are no comments yet
Please log in to write a comment.
You're not connected to the Internet. Please check that your connection is enabled to keep browsing the site.