The wait is over: the eight Samsung Galaxy Watch3 models are here
The Watch3 comes in Mystic Black, Mystic Silver and Mystic Bronze. Compared to its predecessor, a lot has changed: it's slightly lighter and thinner, has a larger screen, more memory, Super AMOLED instead of AMOLED, a leather instead of a silicone strap, etc. It also looks more like a classic wristwatch. This optical aspect is also haptically designed: feedback from the buttons is just like that of a normal watch.
Personally, I'm very excited about the bigger screen. According to the manufacturer, previews for smart notifications should be noticeably larger, i.e. more room for push messages and even image previews for WhatsApp and other apps.
You won't have to wait any longer – sales start on Friday, August 7th, 2020. The 45 mm Mystic Black model can be admired in our local shops from the middle of August.
The 45mm Bluetooth versions
The 45mm LTE versions
The 41mm Bluetooth versions
The 41mm LTE versions
Specs and functions at a glance
Values for the smaller model are shown in brackets.
- Case diameter: 45 mm (41 mm)
- Casing material: Stainless steel with a rotating bezel
- Weight: 53 g (48 g)
- Battery life: 54 h (40 h)
- Operating system: Tizen OS
- Wristband: leather, interchangeable with standard 22 mm bracelets (20 mm bracelets)
- Compatibility: Android 5 and iOS 9 (iPhone 6) and higher.
- Display technology: Super AMOLED
- Display cover: Gorilla Glass DX
- Display size: 1.40'' (34mm) or 1.2'' (30mm)
- Resolution: 360 x 360
- Memory: 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal memory
- Waterproof: up to 50 meters (5 ATM)
- Sensors: acceleration, gyroscope, barometer and ambient light.
- Components: microphone and speakers.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC and depending on the model, LTE (4G)
- Functions: music memory and music control (Spotify & co.), touch screen, alarm clock, timer, stopwatch, smart notifications, calorie consumption, find my phone, weather, payment system, pulse measurement, sleep recording, oxygen saturation, always-on display etc.
ECG and blood pressure functions are not yet available in Switzerland (as of August 2020). However, all Galaxy Watch3 are equipped with the necessary hardware and the functions can be easily updated at a later date. It is not yet known when this will happen.
Want to plan your workouts with the watch? Then I recommend an additional silicone bracelet in the appropriate size, so that the leather bracelet lasts as long as possible.
What do you think of the new Samsung Smartwatch? We'd love to know your opinion!
Samsung Galaxy Watch3
What's your first impression?
- It looks pretty nice, doesn't it?33%
- I'm thinking about buying one.43%
- I prefer the previous model.11%
- I'll stick with classic wristwatches.11%
The competition has ended.
New plastic and leather straps
Want more? Follow me!
Interested in wearables and mobile accessories? Don't miss any more news and promotions in the future. Log into your account and click «Follow author» on my profile.