- 80% - 100%
- Product Development
Senior Search EngineerAuf diese Stelle bewerben
As a search engineer at Digitec Galaxus, you will be working in 1 out of 17 functional teams on improving the search experience for our customers. At Team Endeavour, we independently define our own roadmap and set ourselves ambitious goals. We research, measure, test, automate, release, innovate - and of course, celebrate our successes! We continuously learn together, and we will actively support you in your personal development. Your work helps over 1 million people in Switzerland and Germany in finding all the needed information for an ideal purchase.
Our mission at Team Endeavour is to make the search experience "relevant, fast & joyful".
- Relevant: Together with the data analysts and other engineers continuously improving the relevance of the search results.
- Fast: Making sure that our search is fast and reliable.
- Joyful: Together with our UX Designers you will bring ideas that will make the search experience pleasant and easy.
- You have your finger on the pulse and enjoy dealing with current trends in software development, are open to new ideas and proactively drive your projects forward.
- In the department you will have the opportunity to take on responsibility when you discover potential and help other teams to get the best out of themselves.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing search engines.
- Basic knowledge of Information Retrieval (BM25, inverted index, evaluation metrics).
- Experience in software development (preferably C# or Python).
- As a cooperative team player, you communicate transparently and coherently and you accept constructive feedback openly.
- You are motivated to constantly learn and share your knowledge with the team.
- You have a goal-oriented mindset and a high standard for clean code and testing.
- A laid back cross-functional team, comprising of engineers, a UX designer, a product owner, and a data scientist.
- A lot of influence and responsibility in an innovative and dynamic working environment with flat hierarchies
- Financial support or free time for your personal development
- Possibility to participate in various fun events like hiking, skiing, lan parties, hackathons or Friday night drinks.
- Flexible working hours and 25 days of vacation per year
- Fully-Remote work or work in our offices in Zurich or also relocate to Switzerland
- A German language course, so that you understand our jokes (Lächeln)
- How we develop software
- Our tech-stack & values
Werde Teil unserer Firma.
Und bleib wer du bist.
Gemeinsame Werte sind entscheidend für langfristigen Erfolg - davon sind wir überzeugt. Eine starke Firmenkultur ist uns darum wichtiger als starre Richtlinien oder Reglemente.