- 80% - 100%
- Product Development
Database EngineerAuf diese Stelle bewerben
Want to work for the largest online shop in Switzerland? We are looking for a dedicated database engineer to work on our database clusters. Someone who can shine with his/her knowledge and would also like to further develop their knowhow on different database technologies. You'll join our database engineering team who is responsible for managing the database systems supporting various applications developed at Digitec Galaxus AG. Your commitment has an impact on more than 1 million customers across Switzerland and Germany.
- You'll be responsible for the daily operations (bugfixes, system optimizations, high performance tuning) of our SQL Server, MongoDB and Elasticsearch database systems.
- You evaluate new database technologies and shape the future of our database landscape.
- You develop and maintain scripts (T-SQL, PowerShell, Python, Bash etc.) to automate our infrastructure running on Windows and Linux.
- You will be involved in our support and incident management process
- You consult our software engineers on database design, query optimizations and best practices.
- You keep your cool when incidents occur and are able to get the system up and running again.
- You have several years of experience with highly available database systems operations.
- You have comprehensive understanding of database structures, database management, and query performance tuning.
- You have good knowledge of and can easily develop database queries, stored procedures and functions.
- You can easily build and maintain Windows and Linux systems to support database workloads. You have a higher level education in the field of computer science (ETH/UNI/FH).
- You are willing to ocassionally take on maintenance tasks off-peak hours, late in in the evening or sometimes during weekends.
- Good German and English skills (min. B1) are essential to actively participate in the communication.
- You will get a well-structured on-boarding process so you can settle yourself in with our product development.
- You get to work with Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch - our 3 "big ones."
- You get to work on large scale, highly available database systems.
- You choose your workplace: work fulltime from home or in our office in Zurich.
- You will join a fun team with a respectful and direct communication practice, who love what they are doing and live by our company values.
- Take part in our fun events ranging from hackathons, hiking, ski weekends, LAN parties or Friday night drinks.
- Join after-work events and drinks in our own bar called "Pause".
- We offer special employee conditions on our whole product portfolio on www.digitec.ch and www.galaxus.ch.
- Insights into our product development and software development
- Our technology radar
- Our company values
Arbeitspensum80% - 100%
Digitec Galaxus AG